At the invitation of Hasmik Minasyan, interim minister of Education, Science, Culture and Sport of the Republic of Artsakh, ANQA conducts workshops at the Artsakh State University. During the meetings with the representatives of the four HEIs operating in Artsakh — Artsakh State University, Shushi University of Technology, Mesrop Mashtots University and Grigor Nerekatsi University — the following issues were discussed:
- the peculiarities of programme accreditation;
- the self-evaluations role in the assurance of good practice in implementing academic programmes and identifying deep issues;
- the process of planning academic programmes and outcomes,
- the importance of ongoing assignments, assessments and feedback to students in the achievement of the expected outcomes;
- the challenges of teachers’ selection and the search for innovative solutions in Artsakh.
Academic programmes’ quality assurance processes were also at the core of the workshops. During the discussions, the peculiarities of the programme accreditation criteria’s interpretation and analysis were presented. The participants shared their examples of academic programmes’ enhancement and identified existing challenges. The clear planning of the processes aimed at overcoming the challenges will lead to the realization of the set goals. The visit to Artsakh will be concluded with the monitoring of the Artsakh State University’s academic programmes, which will take place on December 2. It should be noted that all the participating HEIs have passed the institutional accreditation process. Details can be found in the State Accreditation Register: register.anqa.am.