On May 8, ANQA conducted a monitoring of the internal quality assurance system at Abovyan State College of Power Engineering. Within the scope of the monitoring, meetings were held with the management staff, managers of academic programmes, teachers, students and quality assurance managers. The monitoring aimed to observe the education institution’s enhancement processes after the institutional accreditation.
During the monitoring the following issues were discussed:
- links between the strategic plan’s objectives and indicators of evaluation outcomes;
- importance of professional trainings for the teaching staff;
- internal mechanisms for the exchange of practice;
- insurance of outcome-oriented instructions and feedback;
- data collection mechanisms and managerial decision-making based on them;
- role of the quality assurance system in the identification of needs.
At the end of the monitoring, during the meeting with the management staff of the institution, the main outcomes of the monitoring and directions for enhancement were summarized. Let us note that Abovyan State College of Power Engineering was granted conditional institutional accreditation in 2021, for a period of two years.