On May 11, ANQA conducted a monitoring of the internal quality assurance system at the State Musical College Named after Romanos Melikyan. Within the scope of the monitoring, meetings were held with the management staff, managers of academic programmes, teachers, students and quality assurance managers.
During the monitoring, the following issues were discussed:
- education institution’s strategic directions and challenges;
- the competitive advantage of the education institution’s alumni in the labour market;
- introduction of academic programmes’ monitoring outcomes for further enhancements;
- format of organizing internships;
- opportunities for teachers’ internal and external trainings, mechanisms for the dissemination of best practices in the internal environment;
- importance of developing pedagogical skills among students as future educators.
At the end of the monitoring, during the meeting with the management staff of the education institution, the main outcomes of the monitoring and directions for enhancement were summarized. The education institution has not passed institutional accreditation yet. Due to that circumstance, the monitoring aimed to collect data on the institution’s processes and identify its best practices.