Today a session of the board of trustees of the National Center for Professional Education Quality Assurance Foundation took place. The board discussed the ANQA activity report of 2016 and the new composition of the Accreditation Committee.
Anushavan Makaryan, head of ANQA institutional and program accreditation department, reported on the key points of the Foundation’s activities.
Summing up the achievements of the last year, it was mentioned that the largest universities in Armenia had received institutional accreditation. As a result, almost 90 percent of Armenian students study at accredited universities. The vision of the program audit has been shaped in the result of the last year discussions among ANQA and accredited universities. These discussions are still going on.
During 2016 ANQA has cooperated with vocational educational institutions too. The specialists of 44 VETs have been trained in ANQA to introduce an internal quality assurance system in their institutions.
In the reporting year, ANQA has also conducted a system-wide analysis of the Armenian educational system for 2012-2015 years.
The success achieved in the internalization was highlighted. ANQA underwent an external review coordinated by ENQA. And as a result, ANQA received a full membership of ENQA during this year.
The board of trustees by vote unanimously approved ANQA’s 2016 activity report. After the followed discussion the new composition of the Accreditation Committee was also approved. Before the session, the board of trustees had individual meetings with the candidates for accreditation committee membership.
The newly formed Accreditation committee members are:
1. Director of ASUE "Amberd" Research Center’s “Researches of national competitiveness and internationalization” project, Doctor of Economics, Professor Samvel Avetisyan
2. Head of the chair of Ecology and Nature Protection at YSU, director of Center of Excellence in Applied Biosciences at Yerevan State University, Ph.D. in Biology Nelly Hovhannisyan
3. Scientific Leader of IT Educational and Research Center, YSU, Head of YSU Information Systems Chair, Full Member of the National Academy of Sciences of Armenia, Doctor of Science in Physics and Mathematics, Professor Samvel Shoukourian
4. Director of Scientific and Production Center “Armbiotechnology” of National Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Armenia, State Nonprofit Organization, Head of the Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Yerevan State University, Doctor of Chemistry, Academician of the National Academy of Sciences of Armenia Ashot Saghyan
5. President of the International Network for Quality Assurance Agencies in Higher Education (INQAAHE), Ph.D. in Social sciences Susanna Karakhanyan
6. Head of the chair at YSMU, Doctor of Medical sciences, Professor Mikayel Narimanyan
7. Honored Art Worker of RA, Dean of faculty of Cinema, TV, and Animation at YSITC, Professor Anna Yerzinkyan
8. Full member of NAS RA, doctor of History, Director of Institute of History Ashot Melkonyan
9. Head of Research Laboratory of Plant Genofond and Selection, Head of Plant growing chair at ANAU, Doctor of Agricultural Sciences, Professor Andreas Melikyan
10. Vice rector of NPUA, Doctor of Technical Sciences, Professor Marinka Baghdasaryan.